Two Great Events: Parade & Tube Race
Hey Rube! Still Got Your Tube? Parade
Date: Sunday, September 24th, 2023
Where: Down Ocean Avenue (beginning on Inlet Drive and ending at Jenkinson’s Aquarium parking lot)
Time: 12pm (check-in from 10am-11am, line up from 11am-12pm)
Free to enter!
Walkers, Bike Riders, Classic Cars, & Floats wanted!
*Registration only necessary for cars & floats. Walkers & bike riders can show up day of.
Cash prize awarded for best float!
$200 for 1st, $100 for 2nd, and $75 for 3rd
Gift cards available for best costume!
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place
Race Event Details
The entry fee is $40 and includes a race tee shirt. The entry fee with a sweatshirt is $50. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. All entrants will receive a Hey Rube! mug.
Registration will start at Jenkinson’s at 9AM on Race Day.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- ALL TUBERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN IN at Jenkinson’s Pavilion beach entrance on the Boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach. At that time race officials will inspect the racers life vest and inner tube and give you a number.
- ALL TUBERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY THEIR OWN U.S. COAST GUARD APPROVED LIFE VEST AND AUTOMOBILE TIRE TUBE.
Official tire tubes can be purchased at Tire Craft of Point Pleasant Beach, 1450 Richmond Ave.
- The tube race will start at 2:00pm on Sunday, September 24th on Jenkinson’s Beach right in front of the Jenkinson’s Pavilion beach entrance ramp. ALL TUBERS MUST REPORT TO THE RACE SITE APPROXIMATELY ONE-HALF HOUR BEFORE THE START OF THE RACE. At this time race officials will again check equipment and ensure inner tubes are inflated. Tubers without a race number will be disqualified.
- The start of the race will be signaled by an announced signal. Tubers will run from the starting point to the Atlantic Ocean and enter the water normal fashion. Once in the water tubers will assume the tubing position of paddling backwards and attempt to complete the racecourse.
Tubers who are not paddling backwards throughout the course will be disqualified.
- The race will end at the beach in front of Martell’s Tiki Bar where there will be an after party.
- Upon completion of the race, a wood stick will be handed to the tubers as they cross the finish line to determine the winners.
The tuber, in consideration of the privilege of participating in the Atlantic Ocean Innertube race and the paid entry fee, does hereby release the Point Pleasant Beach Chamber of Commerce, The Borough of Point Pleasant Beach and any sponsors of the event of all liability and any claim of damage or injury.
Annual Tug O’ War across the inlet between Point Pleasant Beach and Manasquan. There will be food, crafters, music, and fun!
Enjoy a night of sales and shopping specials in our downtown area. Restaurants are open as well.
BEERS ON THE BOARDS
Saturday, November 4th, 2023
Save the date! Martell’s Tiki Bar will be hosting Point Pleasant Beach Chamber’s annual Beers on the Boards on Saturday, November 4th, 2023. The craft beer festival will feature many local breweries & some of your favorites!
The tickets include a full buffet and live entertainment! 2 Sessions to choose from. Ticket info to follow!